Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CHERRY CUPBOARD AND DISPLAY CASE

I was fortunate enough to have a customer send me final pics of this project. The build pics are on down on the page.


This is the start of a cup board and display case. Solid cherry in picture above is where it started and finished out as I had planed and designed. Customer brought me just the need and sizes of cups and plates and how many the rest I came up with. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the processes to give a better understanding into such a project. It is a 30 x 30 x5 case but has over 54 joints the rest of the pictures show the work comming together.


The back framing assembly the panneled framming is all half lap joints where most of the 54 joints take place.



Here is the middle shelves kept the half lap joint flowing right through every thing once the case sides, and top were on it ended up a very solid unit.




Assembly of sides top starts and looks good finished all interior serfaces before assembly.



Side view finished product.






Top view of the beautiful cherry.





Front view glass gave me flash back.





Front view no flash back give a better idea of pannel details, and hooks. Just a grove in all surfaces to hold the plates.




Last thoughts include wish I had a better supplier for cherry really good stuff just would of been nice to have a little straighter half inch material.






















No comments:

Post a Comment